 Trains / 6444
Re: Misterious part...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 20:26:35 GMT

.....errr pardon me for asking, but, by any chance, was that test for
spelling or is that how mysterious is spelt in your neck of the woods?

....on to business of the day, I have a 162 with both the 4.5 and 12volt
motors as options. It has the component parts you mention and they work
really well. I have used these parts to light passenger carriages directly
from the track. I think the 162 is the best little train set from that era.

If anyone ever has any of these parts they want to sell, I would always be
interested.

Peter D. Simpson
sterling@interalpha.co.uk

Giulio Ferrari <giuliof@iol.it> wrote in message
Larry Pieniazek wrote:

that's indeed a train part. These have been sold as spares which makes • them
not
too rare and they have been part of the 8-wheeled engines during the • late
70ies. These have been just 727, 162 and 182. You can attach them to • the
elctrical sliding contacts (set 704 / 1151) for the 702 motor.

Giulio, you should have come to Ezio's (yes, I know, you had a "test to • study
for", which I heard you aced, 100% score, so ask yourself, did you • really need
to study for it? ... get your priorities straight, man) we scored a • bunch of
these. There were so many to be had we left some behind (which is • unusual for
me)...

I have found a bunch of those pieces with other spare parts in a small
shop, and that made me think they were service packs or similar. Now I
see that I were right, thanks Ben and Larry for your help.

Ciao
Giulio

PS.  Next time I will define my priorities and will be present :-)