 Trains / 6431
Re: Misterious part...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 08:22:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Giulio Ferrari writes:
...at least for me, because I've never seen it before. I guess it's
probably from a train set, but I' not sure (that's why I'm posting here,
sorry if it's not the right newsgroup). It is a black part which is
about 2x4 studs and has an old-style LEGO logo on it.
Thanks for any help you may give me.

http://www.geocities.com/gfhammer78/black.html

Ciao
Giulio

Dear Giulio,

that's indeed a train part. These have been sold as spares which makes them not
too rare and they have been part of the 8-wheeled engines during the late
70ies. These have been just 727, 162 and 182. You can attach them to the
elctrical sliding contacts (set 704 / 1151) for the 702 motor.
There is something unusual with these bricks: they have invented in the same
year as 107 motors, but still have the open "o".
Before these parts have had a similar, but a little different shape without the
hook at the end of the clip. Those version1 parts  have been used in sets 720
and 721.

If you want some more information check out my site about Lego train motors:
http://www-public.tu-bs.de:8080/~rbeneke/lego/9v_12v/9v_12v.html

Kind Regards,

Ben