 Trains / 640
Re: Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 18:19:28 GMT

Mine were delivered today. :-)
Julie

Tom Stangl wrote:

Julie Krenz wrote:

Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote:

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

One note:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:
See http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/Dacta/ for PRELIMINARY info.

and there it says in the recycle truck blurb:

"The hook for the pod seems to be unique to this set."

That turns not to not QUITE be true. That hook part also comes in 4564.
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4564) But buying an out of
production 9V set to get that part is rather a steep butchers bill. In
fact, as the part is made from a different plastic than most, I took the
decision to stash that part as insurance against disaster when I parted
out 3 of my comm vehicles sets. Well, Tom Stangl weaseled one out of me,
I think. And some of the 1x2x8 med slopes from the gas tanker.

Now that Tom apparently bought out Kaplan, anyone with a 4564 they love
should buy a recycle truck from him to protect their investment in that
part. It's rare. Stangl should raise the price of it a bit and give me
back the one he weaseled... :-)

Hmmmm, I didn't buy THAT many of the set.  And I bought them over the
weekend.  I'll be calling tomorrow morning to verify that I am actually
getting what I ordered, and WHEN it will be in.  I sure HOPE they have mine
reserved, and will be able to send them.

LOL, the girl I spoke to on the phone who told me the sets are due in the first
or second week of March was named HOPE!Julie

Well, my order has already been sent to the manufacturer, they are going to
drop-ship them direct.  Unfortunately, they do NOT include the 6649 and 6535
anymore.  FORTUNATELY, since my orders were so large, I was able to use the catalog
special and get the shipping charges refunded, so I saved $120!!!

Yes, I DO owe Larry a beer ;-)

Since Kaplan is listing a # they have left, yet are drop-shipping mine, I'm
wondering if the number they post is ALL that are left in the country at the
warehouse.  If so, my auction prices are going to have to go up a bit, and I'm
going to set aside a few complete sets for future trades.  I figure by July, if I
have the only complete sets left in the world, I can trade one straight across for
an 8448.  Yes, that's pretty mercenary, but I can't AFFORD an 8448, and I can
dream, can't I?

--
| Tom Stangl, Technical Support          Netscape Communications Corp |
|      Please do not associate my personal views with my employer     |