 Trains / 6255
  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

I gave the plates a try, but I didn't like it. So, I went with the low slopes. Now I have to come up with a logo. Thanks Lar, Chris P.S. Shouldn't John be chiming in right now with the observation that extreme low slopes would fit on an eight wide (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

The GMLTC already has a couple of 8-wide boxcars using those very slopes... <grin> (John has also built some G scale stuff using the 6x8 extreme low slopes.) Our *next* layout will be designed for 8-wide trains, but since we haven't even started (...) (24 years ago, 18-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Box cars for display at the "Kidvention"

(...) Hey Chris- I'm chiming;-) Sorry, been out of town and and just catching up on email. As to answer your question- yes, the extreme low slopes are perfect for 8 wide box cars-- I have collected enough to build box cars of blue, yellow, dark (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.trains)