 Trains / 617
616  |  618
Subject:
Recycle truck hook (was Re: Older Dacta Community Vehicles IS still available at Kaplan
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 04:43:35 GMT

regarding the set... I ordered 3... we'll see. Kaplan wasn't as crisp as
usual. AND the catalog part of the site was down this AM. CSR said that
they were doing maint. Let me tell you, you don't take a commerce site
off the air just to do maintenance on it. You do your maint offline and
roll changes in in a slipstream way. Even a brochureware site like
Kaplan where you can't actually ORDER anything online.

Their webmaster may not be as experienced as we are at doing web sites
in a professional way, though. But of course, their webmaster may not
work for CTP, which is now the industry leading web
integration/ecommerce house out there, according to Forrester. <just
doing my bit for my service line, don'tcha know...>

One note:

"Tom Stangl, VFAQman" wrote:
See http://www.vfaq.com/LEGO/Dacta/ for PRELIMINARY info.

and there it says in the recycle truck blurb:

"The hook for the pod seems to be unique to this set."

That turns not to not QUITE be true. That hook part also comes in 4564.
(http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=4564) But buying an out of
production 9V set to get that part is rather a steep butchers bill. In
fact, as the part is made from a different plastic than most, I took the
decision to stash that part as insurance against disaster when I parted
out 3 of my comm vehicles sets. Well, Tom Stangl weaseled one out of me,
I think. And some of the 1x2x8 med slopes from the gas tanker.

Now that Tom apparently bought out Kaplan, anyone with a 4564 they love
should buy a recycle truck from him to protect their investment in that
part. It's rare. Stangl should raise the price of it a bit and give me
back the one he weaseled... :-)

And that man should have been impeached.  Life isn't fair. I'll deal.
But I digress.

++Lar