 Trains / 6029
  Cutting 12V track

Can someone please give me advice as to the best way to cut 12V track - conductor rails and all. I'm in the process of designing a layout that requires an 8 stud long straight section of track. I've never purposefully marred a brick before so I am a (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cutting 12V track

I personally have never done it with a 12v conductor, however I did cut and paste (if you will) 9v track, If lego is important to you as it is to me go out and get yourself a nice little dremel tool, with metal cutting wheel. When you begin to cut (...) (24 years ago, 26-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Cutting 12V track

Reporting my 'Cutting' experience: Thanks for the advice Wayne. I used a Dremel MultiPro variable speed rotary tool with a cut off wheel #540. Cutting through the metal worked great! The cutter sliced through it like a knife. I was careful to heed (...) (24 years ago, 30-May-00, to lugnet.trains)