 Trains / 5852
Re: Real Steamer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 14 May 2000 20:40:12 GMT

"James Mathis" <thakius@nmt.edu> wrote in message news:FuHG8y.8pF@lugnet.com...

Thanks for posting this picture.  What did the passenger coaches look like?

The train is operated by a bunch of railway fanatics you can find more
pictures of the trains they own at: http://vsm.vdirect.com
(the site is in Dutch).
The passenger coaches can be found via the menu on the left: "Materieel" -
"Wagons"  -> "Blokkendozen"

I'm pretty excited by the loco pictured.  I think I have a Marklin model of
this steam engine.  All my Marklin stuff is at my parent's home now, but it • is
soon to be delivered to me at the begining of June.  I will then check if my
Marklin model is indeed of the DB 23 071 variety.  It has been a long time
since I've seen it.  The wheel arrangement on the engine and the tender looks
to be the same, as well as the aero-deflector fins up front.  I guess many
engines have these similar features, but the likeness is very very close, if
not exact.

I couldn't find the locomotive on the Marklin site (www.marklin.de)
I think the number 23071 means the 71st locomotive build of train series 23 so
I entered '23' in the searchbox 'Baureihe' and it delivered no results :-( I'm
not sure if I'm right about the meaning of the number and I'm not sure if the
Marklin site only lists sets that are currently produced.

Thanks for posting the photo!!  I bet the ride was glorious  :-)

Yup, it was! I bet a machine like that never fails to impress ;-)

To keep this LEGO related...maybe I'll try to model that steamer...with LEGO
bricks.  ;-)

I'm planning to build one soon. Some parts that I need are currently in use
(the big red wheels from <set:7750>) in my 2-8-2 locomotive. I want to take
pictures first before I break it down.

--
Frank Buiting

Visit the LEGO Lexicon: http://members.chello.nl/~f.buiting/lego/