 Trains / 5790
    How high are train cars. —Derek Raycraft
   I'm building a train station with passenger platforms and I'm wondering how high to make the platforms. Currently I only have two axle train cars, but I'm plaining to get some of the dual boggy cars in the future. I'd like the platform to be the (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: How high are train cars. —John Neal
    (...) If you put a wagon plate on a 2 axle bogie which utilizes a bogie plate then you will be 4 bricks high as it stands on the track. The LEGO platforms which come with the train station are 2 bricks high. You could stack 2 ramp platforms and (...) (24 years ago, 5-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: How high are train cars. —Simon Denscombe
   (...) I'm (...) flat (...) The U-shaped ones are the same height at each end compared to the straight ones. (...) I think basically the top of the platform should line up within a plate to the height of the bottom of the train door - this is roughly (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: How high are train cars. —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) In the US & Canada it varies. Depending on the size of the station and the type of train, either high or low platforms are used. A high platform comes to the height of the car door. A low platform is not much (if any) higher than the railhead (...) (24 years ago, 7-May-00, to lugnet.trains)