 Trains / 576
  4553

Any one know if this set, 4553 is a European only set? Is it 9 volt or just "push" powered? Take a look at the picture if you haven't yet. KTE (25 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) Well, it's in my Dutch catalogue. dunno about other countries. It _looks_ like the 9V graphic next to it in the catalogue only refers back to the length of straight track included with it,. but I'm nor quite sure. Jasper (25 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) Most of us believe this set will be generally available in all countries that sell the 9V train line. S@H is not yet taking orders for it, last time I checked (...) One place to see the picture is: (URL) tends to put the 9V label on things (...) (25 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) Supposed to be advailable in Canada by end of march. About electric thing in it Well I would tell like Jasper probably on the track (25 years ago, 11-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

Thanks for the insight. Just dreaming for future Lego creations. Maybe some person will come up with the motorization schematic? I have a wish that 9v would have more to offer. I was sort of disappointed in the recent catalogue. Kurt :-) (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

Steve Barile dropped me a note, said he's having trouble posting, and wanted to make this comment: (...) I did know that they were using the small train wheels but missed that the wheels were riding on tiles. Bizzare. There is something funny going (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

(...) <snipped nothing important. Really, not important.> You know, if you take a hacksaw and a 4.5V real segment... Jasper (25 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 4553

Larry, I think they used those rails on the Launch and Load Seaport (6542) (I have 2!) as well. I never saw a shorter version however. Scott Sanburn (...) (25 years ago, 14-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)