 Trains / 5646
  Gray version of #740 12V Blue Transformer

Hi, I recently aquired a 12V train transformer that looks exactly like #740. However, instead of #740's blue color, this one is gray. Does anyone have info about this version of the set? Does it have different set number? What year did it come out? (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Gray version of #740 12V Blue Transformer

(...) Do you have a picture? I know an alternative set number to 740 was 710 but that was blue also, I saw it on DEE-BAY. (URL) much help but anyway. Who made the transformer? The 740 I've just got is made by Siemens - says on the bottom. Does it (...) (24 years ago, 22-Apr-00, to lugnet.trains)