 Trains / 5647
Re: Gray version of #740 12V Blue Transformer
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 19:30:20 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Tim Vattima writes:
I recently aquired a 12V train transformer that looks exactly like #740.
However, instead of #740's blue color, this one is gray. Does anyone have
info about this version of the set? Does it have different set number? What
year did it come out?

Do you have a picture?  I know an alternative set number to 740 was 710 but
that was blue also, I saw it on DEE-BAY.
http://www.ebay.de/servlet/auctiondetaildConnector?page=eineAuktion&auktionsID=
43409570

Not much help but anyway.  Who made the transformer?  The 740 I've just got is
made by Siemens - says on the bottom.  Does it have 3 outputs?  0-13 V DC, 16V
ac and 3,6V ac.  It may be a 1980 transistional set.

Carbon 60