 Trains / 511
  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

Try the 8277 supplied propellor housing, or the 4x4 round with 4 side studs?? I have used both of those to attach tank car domes, a similar problem. (...) PS, we need pictures. (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) That's a problem with your eye. :-) Prototypical boilers change shape as you back from the smokebox. In fact, most boilers have square bottoms by the time you get back to the firebox. It is perfectly legit to switch from round to octagonal (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) Aha! Thanks Larry, I will keep an eye out for those. I think for now I'll replace the 4x4 round and make the whole boiler out of slopes: it does look a bit odd being half one thing and half the other, and really the 4x4 round is a bit small in (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) Very true, but (depending on the prototype) much of the shape change is in the lower part of the boiler and so is behind other stuff on the footplate (I'm talking Brit outline here) and not visible. I have seen locos with boilers whose (...) (26 years ago, 4-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Alternative driver wheels - brit outline steamer

(...) Carry on! Post (URLS to your site with) pics and invite feedback. I certainly am not afraid to offer good and bad feedback. :-) I agree it's hard. I think I'm starting to get the knack, though, at least when it comes to diesels. Selective (...) (26 years ago, 5-Feb-99, to lugnet.trains)