 Trains / 5015
Re: Minifig What scale are they??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build, lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Thu, 23 Mar 2000 19:00:00 GMT

In lugnet.build, Carl Greatrix writes:
[...] I would say
they must be more around 1/20 -1/15 scale yet this would dwarf them to
comparible vehicles of this scale.

Minifigs are minifig scale.

I know they don't scale up to human size: my head isn't as tall as my torso, and
my legs are longer than both.  Oh, and I have knees.  I suspect TLG designed
them to be somewhat childlike.  Large round heads, relatively small bodies...
it's probably triggering some kind of cuteness/parental response.  At least *
I'm* very protective about my minifgis... ;-)

Part of the problem is that minifigs live in a non-Cartersian universe -- their
squares aren't square, basically.  The minifig veritcal dimension is shorter
than their horizontal one -- I'm pretty sure plates have a 6:5 ratio of
width:height.

- Mike