 Trains / 4717
Re: WAMALUG and Parts Unknown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 02:52:03 GMT

Richard Schamus wrote:

You question seems to me to be more than just curiousity though. Tell me, • does
it "look" good? Does it "look" right? I'd like to get other opinions.

It has some interesting features, but in general, it doesn't really call
out to me as being a US prototype. Sorry.

That curved back on the cab and the V shaped windows kind of jar,
although there may be some UK protos that have curved back of cab. Also,
you have to do SOMETHING to hint at cylinders and valve gear, the way it
is now seems "naked".

However... to me, it kind of looks like a loco from "Iron Dragon" the
fantasy variant of the commodities based rail board game that exists in
multiple variants including "euro rails", and the original which is
escaping me at the mo... "empire builder" I think. Great beer and
pretzels games if you can't get up an "1830" game, which, since it
includes stock market manipulation, is a real favorite of mine.

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!
You're still "upset" about the window thing, aren't you Larry. (Sorry, I can't
stop laughing right now.... )
Rich
--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)
Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****