 Trains / 4714
Re: WAMALUG and Parts Unknown
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 00:45:14 GMT

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Just gotta say that I really enjoy the ton of photos that are available for • the
pickin' from the WAMALUG 01 Jan 2000 show.

I've got a question about some parts that I don't think I've ever seen before.
Refer to this picture
to see two parts that I don't recognize.
The first is a small cone on top of the steam locomotive.
The second is a right angle bracket(?) with 4 holes in a 2x2 pattern on the
vertical panel of the right angle bracket(?).

I'd appreciate a reply as to where these pieces came from.
Maybe they're fairly old?  For the loco is made from many black 4x4 • turntables.

Thanks.  Love the models!
later,
James Mathis
Ok, I'll fess up. They are mine. That is my specialty steam loco. They are not
old, they are relatively recent. They are, well, they are, *(cough-cough,
mumble underbreath... Mega-Blok)*.

I don't speak loudly of me use of, others, in the presence of the others in
the group, (they want to tar and feather me when I do,) so I try, I really do
try, to keep my stuff "pure." Well, the stuff for show display. The steam loco
did not make it to the shows. You wont find it at the Greenberg photos or the
GATS photos.
You question seems to me to be more than just curiousity though. Tell me, does
it "look" good? Does it "look" right? I'd like to get other opinions.
Thanks.
Rich
--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (No, I don't work for TLC, but I want
to...)
Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.wamalug.org &
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****