 Trains / 4530
  Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

Do you have old worn out locomotive wheel rubber bands? I do and have found a solution that I thought I'd share -=orthodontic rubber bands=- . When I was a child I had a lot of orthodontic work done (braces and the hole bit). As a consolation of all (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

(...) <snip> You can also try the small bands sold for tying up hair into ponytails. You can get a package of about a zillion for a couple of dollars. They are usually different sizes, but you should be able to find something that fits. JohnG, GMLTC (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

I'll say it again - good quality rubberized heatshrink tubing should work fine, and will lock down quite tightly if you find the right size. And if you use a lighter/heatgun carefully (or like me when I shrink the stuff, use a butane soldering iron (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

(...) fine, and (...) it is (...) This seems to be the best idea. I have used shrink-wrap before on motorcycle wiring and used a rag soaked in boiling water to effect the shrink. This should not melt the Lego wheels but please note that Lego claim a (...) (25 years ago, 1-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands

(...) I just went this route for my three battery trains, which haven't been run for ten years. I got a bag of 500 for $2.49, it took two bands per wheel, I had yellow, green, blue and red to choose from, and now the trains run fine without (...) (25 years ago, 2-Mar-00, to lugnet.trains)