 Trains / 4530
4529  |  4531
Subject:
Replacement for old style train wheel rubber bands
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 1 Mar 2000 15:18:00 GMT

Do you have old worn out locomotive wheel rubber bands?  I do and have found a
solution that I thought I'd share -=orthodontic rubber bands=- .

When I was a child I had a lot of orthodontic work done (braces and the hole
bit).  As a consolation of all the pain I went though, I was left with an old
sack of rubber bands that were used to they used to straighten my teeth.  I
remember then that those bands might come in useful in some of my Technic
creations so I saved a package - and now I'm glad I did.  I found they are the
perfect size to fit the hub of the train wheel.  I put four of them side-by-
side and it covers the entire hub.  The one package of bands I had contained
16 bands - good for four tires.  Not enough for my three 12V motor bricks and
their 18 wheels so I will be making a trip to an orthodontist soon.  I haven't
had much time to try this out so I can't really comment on how affective it
will be but it is a start.

Chris in Seattle Washington USA.