 Trains / 44
  What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

Basically, just what the header says. I have avoided buying this train for a while now because I don't particularly like the look of it. But I have a feeling it may be the only modern looking cargo train available for a while (I have heard the new (...) (26 years ago, 12-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

I agree that for playability its one of the better sets. But, I think the 4564 Engine is the best of the 9v trains. (...) (26 years ago, 17-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) Well, it's clearly a matter of opinion, I guess. I feel this is about the worst of the 9V engines. There's just something about those slanted cab windows that strikes me as cheesy. I like the 4563 and the 4551 croc engines better, then 4565, (...) (26 years ago, 18-Oct-98, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

Hey Kirk Unit, haven't seen YOU in a coon's age... the 4565 engine evokes GE 44 tonner to me, sort of. (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) the 4564 is modeled after a Swiss/German/French?? diesel engine. go to: www.roco.com and look at the diesels engines. The 4565 bugs me a bit because it doesn't seem to be based on anything. (25 years ago, 16-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

I really like the 4565 for the spare parts, a lot of different types of black slopes, perfect for making old steam locomotives. The alternate model, (instructions can be found on Matt Bates Train Depot) has some pretty neat details to the wheels (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jun-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) I know this is an old topic, but I have something to say about the engine in this set. I intend to raise the headlights above the level of the end grilles, add an underbelly fuel tank, horns, and different windshields. When I'm done I'll post (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?

(...) No, it is based on some of the Euro engines, IIRC, LGB have a engine somewhat similar in concept. (I think Austrian NG) It's to Lego scale, so figure that it is supposed to be a ~1500 hp engine, so a bit bigger than a 44 tonner (which are (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.trains)