 Trains / 65
Re: What does everyone think of the Freight and Crane Railway?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 18 Oct 1998 02:07:00 GMT

David Bail writes:
I think the 4564 Engine is the best of the 9v trains.

Well, it's clearly a matter of opinion, I guess. I feel this is about the worst
of the 9V engines. There's just something about those slanted cab windows that
strikes me as cheesy. I like the 4563 and the 4551 croc engines better, then
4565, and finally 4564, among freight. And among passenger (all two) I like
4558 a bit better than 4559 (if we're just talking about engine/cab designs).

3225 is in a class its own as the only steamer.

If we include alternate designs, the alternate 4558 engine is better (as an
engine) than 4558 main, 4559, 4564, and 4565.

Just my opinion.

Of course, I think the whole lot of them too European. PNLTC engines (or my own
red/yellow and red/white) capture the sense of the US better. IMHO.