 Trains / 4380
Re: what do these MOW vehicles do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:37:09 GMT

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Hello,

I was stopped at a crossing today and I saw
four Union Pacific MOW vehicles go by.
Two of them were Pandrol Jackson model 6700s
and the other two didn't have any obvious
markings.

They all looked weird to my untrained eye.
Does anyone know what this model 6700 does?
Has anyone modeled it in Lego?

For those who wonder what one of these looks like (like me), check out:

http://www.byrnes.org/railfan/mofw_pg/page_20.htm

It's most of the way down the page.

How's that for a page full of ideas for LEGO creations...

Or here's a better one:

http://www.fcmrail.com/jackson6700.htm

From the description, looks like it's purpose is related to automatic
track laying.