 Trains / 4379
Re: what do these MOW vehicles do?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 20:29:40 GMT

Obvious links to their site are currently not working for me, but they
are located at www.pandroljackson.com or should be.

MOW can do so many many different things. I confess that I don't have
the entire PJ model line memorised so just a model number isn't much to
go on.

Here are a few things that MOW can do:
- spread ballast
- clean ballast and respread it
- remove old ties and replace with new
- tamp ties
- redo fishplates
- respike track
- weld track
- spray for weeds
- inspect track for defects
- grind track
- lay subsurface cable or fiber
- plant poles and string surface wire
- clear debris
- clear snow
- clear ice from switchpoints
- dig ditches or relay culvert
- spray paint
- lay concrete

among others

PJ is big in grinding and in redoing the roadbed (ballast tamp, re-tie,
refishplate)

My father in law supervised a job in which they lay buried fiber down UP
right of way if I recall correctly. or maybe BNSF, but it was out west.

They are HQed in Ludington MI so I sometimes see PJ people flying out of
GRR on their way to somewhere.

Eric McCarthy wrote:

Hello,

I was stopped at a crossing today and I saw
four Union Pacific MOW vehicles go by.
Two of them were Pandrol Jackson model 6700s
and the other two didn't have any obvious
markings.

They all looked weird to my untrained eye.
Does anyone know what this model 6700 does?
Has anyone modeled it in Lego?

/Eric McCarthy/

--
Larry Pieniazek - lpieniazek@mercator.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar