 Trains / 4005
Re: Longest train...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 06:16:02 GMT

Kya Morden wrote:

I know very little about model trains sooooo, what is HEP?

Head End Power. That is, engines on the front instead of spliced into
the middle as mid train helpers, or pushing from behind as "regular"
helpers.

In American practice, I believe HEP isn't used that way, and it's just
referred to as what's "on the point", as HEP has another meaning, namely
in passenger service the provision for making electricity or steam or
both available to the coaches and other passenger cars for such things
as lighting, AC (yes, you can use steam to provide airconditioning!!!)
heat, and so forth.

James P. may not agree but that's what I believe. We've sparred about
train esoterica before, it's usually entertaining for the bystanders,
and he's actually right once in a while too.

--
Larry Pieniazek - larryp@novera.com - http://my.voyager.net/lar

Note: this is a family forum!