 Trains / 3995
  Re: Longest train...

(...) I have a video clip of it in the 72 car version, the present one just has more cars...however, I cannot get it up on my geocities account, and have been too busy to get my Roadrunner account page setup. As for Ben's question, a mixture, with (...) (24 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train...

(...) I know very little about model trains sooooo, what is HEP? (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train...

(...) Head End Power. That is, engines on the front instead of spliced into the middle as mid train helpers, or pushing from behind as "regular" helpers. In American practice, I believe HEP isn't used that way, and it's just referred to as what's (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Longest train...

(...) Yes, this is the normal use of the term, it is usually used with electric power supplies...Steam wasn't rated in the same way, when you use HEP from the prime mover (read the Diesel that drives the train) there is less power to move the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.trains)