 Trains / 3848
    A Question —Cliff Olson
   As a professional observer, I have noticed something. There seems to be a large segment of the LUG that collect MISB, un-opened sets, with the intention of keeping them this way. I am not trying to ruffle any feathers, just genuinely curious as to (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: A Question —John Neal
      (...) Well, there will always be those who collect to collect. But beyond them, buying and selling MISB is a way of guaranteeing condition of product. And there are those who buy a lot of discounted sets and sell them MISB to fund their habit, or (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: A Question —Jeff Thompson
   (...) Because it's kind of cool to have something sealed in a box, knowing that it's in perfect condition? Because once you open it, you no longer have it in the perfect state it was previously in? I think Castle fan Jeff Crites tried to collect two (...) (25 years ago, 27-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)