 Trains / 3709
  Attaching train bogies

Can someone share with me the proper way to attach a bogie to a non-train platform? In other words, attach it to a standard 6x6 plate. My guess is to use a Technic plate but I can't figure out if I use one or two, or if there is a better method. It (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

Use one. You want a loose boogie plate because that reduces your friction while turning. They seem to spin too easily when off of the tracks, but on the tracks, they work great. Mike Nick Goetz <ngoetz@iquest.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Or you can use a 2x2 turntable plate and forsake the bogie plate completely. They work well, too AND...it's more prototypical:-) -John (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

Sometimes it is hard to think outside of the box. I think the turntable is a great idea! Thanks. -Nick John Neal wrote in message <388763BE.9132D9F8@u...st.net>... (...) friction (...) on (...) completely. (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

I was going to mention that until I realized he was asking about attaching a bogie to the plate. I figured that had he cared only about attaching wheels to the car, I could have offered that option. Mike PS: If you go Legoland scale, use the 4x4 (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

A public Thank You to Mike as well. Thanks Mike! I think I will try both methods and see what I like better. I unfortunately don't have huge quantities of small turntables. Yet another opportunity for LEGO Direct (among 1200 others, in various (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Use one. Or use a 2x2 turntable piece. For the longest time that is how all my bogies were attached to cars, and it works quite well. James P (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Does anyone have a picture of this? Scott S. ___...___ Scott E. Sanburn-> ssanburn@cleanweb.net Systems Administrator-Affiliated Engineers -> (URL) Page -> (URL) Page -> (URL) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Do tell. This I GOTTA hear. (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) I assume you mean the piece, how you use them is easy, just replace the bogie plate with a turntable, and in most cases that is all you need to do. Notice, that the train waggon plates, you would have to put a 4x6 plate under the bogie holes (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) I assume you mean the piece, how you use them is easy, just replace the bogie plate with a turntable, and in most cases that is all you need to do. Notice, that the train waggon plates, you would have to put a 4x6 plate under the bogie holes (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

(...) Well, what I mean is that a big, wide bogie plate is not the way proto trucks appear. Since TLC had designed the wheels to be held in place *parallel* to the axle rather than perpendicular and in proto trucks. I would like to see TLC design (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

I built a freight car which used 2 of the newer style rounded Technic beams to connect to the bogie plate. Seems to work pretty good. Just the right thickness for the stud on the bogie plate. Tim Strutt 8^) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Attaching train bogies

I built a flat-bed car which used 2 of the newer style rounded Technic beams to connect to the bogie plate. Seems to work pretty good. Just the right thickness for the stud on the bogie plate. Tim Strutt 8^) (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jan-00, to lugnet.trains)