 Trains / 3530
Re: how does a bar code reader work?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 08:41:40 GMT

The Code pilot is not fit for this job. Unfortunately you can't program the
CP to distuiguish between bar codes during run. It can only sense the speed
of a passing light pattern, which may or may not be a bar code picture.

Eric Brok
--------
Visit LEGO ON MY MIND:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind
NEW: Submit your own link:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/links
Dutch section:
http://homepages.svc.fcj.hvu.nl/brok/legomind/nl

Guido Heunen wrote in message ...
Hi,

Can someone explain me how the bar code reader of the codepilot works.
I figured out the basics, but I can not get to the clocking stuff. You can • move
either slow or fast over the bar codes to program the codepilot.

I want to use the rcx to detect different trains by fixing a bar code under
the engine and wagon chasis. With this, I hope to redirect trains to • another
track, stopping at stations, changing train composition etc...

Guido