 Trains / 31643 (-10)
  Re: Autumnal Awesomeness!

(...) Speaking of your son, Will he be joining dear-ol-dad when you trek up here to display those amazing leaves? Can not wait to hoist a beverage with you again. Regards Thread-stealer-Chris Brickfete.com (12 years ago, 18-May-12, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Autumnal Awesomeness!

(...) If you are referring to (URL) these>, then yes, they were mine as well (My son Ross designed the vase:-) Who, BTW, graduates from college in 2 weeks! C'est pas vrai!! JOHN (12 years ago, 15-May-12, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: LMC - Painting 905 done

(...) We have that sort of carpet here at work. Another advantage is that you can keep some spare squares around in case something ruins a square or two. Since it looks like your floor is concrete, I'd make sure you get squares with quite a bit of (...) (12 years ago, 15-May-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Autumnal Awesomeness!

(...) As long as the end result is good, I'm all for clones and even for the mixing of clone brands, though I admit that I tend to be brand-pure in any given MOC (despite my usual "can't we all get along" stance on clones). I seem to recall a very (...) (12 years ago, 14-May-12, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Autumnal Awesomeness!

(...) All good-natured snark aside, you have proven to be right in so many ways, Dave! I have become a total fan of clones, especially when they are produced by fans themselves. Pandora's box is open; let the mayhem ensue! JOHN (12 years ago, 14-May-12, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: LMC - Painting 905 done

(...) When we recently recarpeted my office, after looking at HD roll carpet, we ended up going with commercial grade carpet squares. Each square has a rubber backing which is glued down to the floor with mastic. There was no padding, no nail (...) (12 years ago, 11-May-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - Painting 905 done

(...) Steve- If you go with the commerical grade type carpet it really doesn't require anything to hold it down, and should lay flat without any stretching. Just lay it out and it will stay there. But if you do have some sliding problems, get some (...) (12 years ago, 10-May-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Autumnal Awesomeness!

(...) Another gorgeous clone brand! I love it! All good-natured snark aside, these really do produce a remarkably lovely scene. Terrific job on the trees themselves, and this new-colored foliage is a great addition to the palette! (12 years ago, 10-May-12, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build, lugnet.trains.org.tcltc, lugnet.town, FTX)

  LMC - Trim work

Update... I painted (matched to the rest of the trim in the house) all the trim wood and my son and I started installing it (links below). It looks so cool, like part of the house! Of course one more trip around the rooms with nail filler and touch (...) (12 years ago, 9-May-12, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LMC - Painting 905 done

Hi Matt / All, I am leaning on using the "commercial" style carpet with a very low loop mat. Unfortunately I know what you're talking about w.r.t. loosing pieces right in front of your eyes on the dirt hiding carpets! There is some reasonable cheep (...) (12 years ago, 9-May-12, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact