 Trains / 31522
Re: LEGO "Man Cave"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 2012 01:14:52 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
Hi All,
I was wondering where to post this rambling... I don't have a blog, I'm not on
“The Facebook” too much, so I remembered this old place! ;)  I just noticed the
New Year's resolution thread to post more so here I go...

I'm about to start construction on my LEGO "Man Cave"! That's right, I just
moved to a new house and have a 2 car tandem (4 car) garage that I will be
converting to a LEGO "Man Cave". BTW That's why I bought this one!  It will have
three areas/rooms; a build room, layout and static display room, and a
storage/micro garage area (where the garage door opens up to).

Any comments, ideas, or best known methods are welcome!

Step 1: Insulate the exterior walls and build the dividing walls for the
separate rooms.
1) The exterior walls are already sheet rocked so I think I'll rip that down and
insulate then re-sheet rock.  They want ~$750 ($3/ft^2) to blown insulation in -
that blows! :)
2) Build the build-room wall sans insulation. 2x4 construction.
3) Build the layout-room wall with insulation. 2x4 construction.
4) Sheet rock, texture and paint... the entire interior
5) Build the static display area; diorama counter, 12" & trains shelves (floor
to ceiling)
6) Install carpet

Photos to follow of the empty space and design.

SteveB

Steve, Steve, Steve,

You have it all wrong, all that sun your getting is making you soft.

Glad I saw this post in time, and its not too late.

Here is what you need:

Step 1:  Invite Chris Magno to build and construct a REAL
man-cave-with-lego-accents
Step 2:  Give Chris your Credit cards
Step 3:  We hang, go to the bar, find some babe's
Step 4:  Go back to the man-cave with said "found babes"
Step 5:  DELETED
Step 6:  Wake up not quite hung-over
Step  where was i?

Whatever, the point is, I need to help you with this massive project. And I
think John Neal could offer some advice, and Dave Koudys, and ummmm,

How about this sunday, maybe we could see whats on TV

Chris