 Trains / 31517
31516  |  31518
Subject:
LEGO "Man Cave"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 2 Feb 2012 01:27:52 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi All,
I was wondering where to post this rambling... I don't have a blog, I'm not on
“The Facebook” too much, so I remembered this old place! ;)  I just noticed the
New Year's resolution thread to post more so here I go...

I'm about to start construction on my LEGO "Man Cave"! That's right, I just
moved to a new house and have a 2 car tandem (4 car) garage that I will be
converting to a LEGO "Man Cave". BTW That's why I bought this one!  It will have
three areas/rooms; a build room, layout and static display room, and a
storage/micro garage area (where the garage door opens up to).

Any comments, ideas, or best known methods are welcome!

Step 1: Insulate the exterior walls and build the dividing walls for the
separate rooms.
1) The exterior walls are already sheet rocked so I think I'll rip that down and
insulate then re-sheet rock.  They want ~$750 ($3/ft^2) to blown insulation in -
that blows! :)
2) Build the build-room wall sans insulation. 2x4 construction.
3) Build the layout-room wall with insulation. 2x4 construction.
4) Sheet rock, texture and paint... the entire interior
5) Build the static display area; diorama counter, 12" & trains shelves (floor
to ceiling)
6) Install carpet

Photos to follow of the empty space and design.

SteveB