 Trains / 31493
Re: Where did the LEGO train history pages go?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2011 12:27:59 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David Graham wrote:
"Why did LEGO move to battery operated trains?"

I thought it was because EU regulations state that "trains that pick up from the
track are not recommended for children under eight years old."

It is all to do with Health & Safety - Playmobil made the change a few years
before.

David

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Looks like Ben's pages (referenced in the sidebar) on fgltc are no more? I just
wrote an answer in Quora

http://www.quora.com/LEGO/Why-did-LEGO-move-to-battery-operated-trains

and wanted to link to the history... I think there was an archive on the
ngltc.org pages but that site now is reported by Google as unsafe. Any clues?

Thanks!

And i always thinking it was due to the US safety regulations that TLC needed to
change back to batteries ;)

Just one remark abouth this:
What with model starter trainsets like Märklin, Roco, Fleishmann, ... that are
sold to kids less than 8y ?
It's not because its stated on the box that it's for 8+ that daddy or mommy (who
buys the toys) doesn't give this as a present to there kids (perhaps with
parental supervision), isn't it?

Ludo