 Trains / 31401
Re: Texas Sate Railroad Palestine Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:50:44 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.announce.moc, Anthony Sava wrote:

Gallery

My MOC inspired by the Texas State Railroad’s Palestine Depot. Along with its’ locomotives, the two depots on either end of the Texas State Railroad - one in Palestine, the other in Rusk, are memorable in their own right. For me, I find the Palestine Depot to be more beautiful.

It differs in some significant ways from the original: for example I chose not to build the partially attached gift shop, which causes the roof to become a hollow triangle. There are many other subtle and not so subtle differences, but I believe I’ve been able to capture the overall spirit of the building.

--Tony

Wow!

The next level of building is reached. I always loved to explore your colorful steam engines.

Now there is even a fitting scenery around - and what a beautiful one! I like how you managed to create the rounded walls and above the roof areas with the fitting wing-plates on the main building.

Well composed and shot pictures. Thanks for constantly sharing this with us.

Leg Godt!

See more pictures of my models at www.brickshelf.com

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: Texas Sate Railroad Palestine Depot

(...) Thanks Ben! If it wasn't for LDraw I don't think I would have been able to get that roof to work as it does. I plan to do a lot of photography with this one in the future, probably a different shot with each of my TSRR locomotives from (...) (13 years ago, 25-Sep-11, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general, FTX)