 Trains / 31410
Re: Texas Sate Railroad Palestine Depot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:18:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Rob Hendrix wrote:

That’s an awesome spread you go there! I really like how its size and shape remind me of how train clubs try to standardize module size and layout of track for uniformity and interconnection. The rounded roof of the main building is probably my favorite feature, especially with the two chimneys.

Bravo!

-Rob

Thanks much! Looking back I should have built it a lot bigger, but I made some design changes to get it to fit on 3 32x32 baseplates to fit inside the Wye I designed for my future Texas State Railroad diorama.

I can’t take any credit for the aesthetic design of the roof - the two chimneys are on the original after all. It’s a shame they’re merely decorative, even on the original.

--Tony