 Trains / 31179
31178  |  31180
Subject:
Investment for a home layout?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 2010 03:57:16 GMT

I am using Bluebrick to design an abstract layout at 4.5m x 2.5m to
simulate my home suburb.

What I am trying to decide on is do I invest in the 9v track, use the
current RC track (I have a fair bit thanks to the sets I have bought eg:
7939), or is there likely to be a new track element to be released in
the next 12 months?

Looking at the prices for 9v track, either per unit or in a box, I swear
these are borderline extortion in some cases, RC track has flooded
Bricklink and is cheap as chips.

I have followed a number of threads and sites regarding the use of
copper or tinned copper tape to provide an electrical contact for 9v
motors, the tricky part is finding a supplier locally that stocks it.

Any suggestions?