 Trains / 31064
Re: 8 Wide Steam Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 2009 22:17:49 GMT

In lugnet.trains, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Adrian Egli wrote:

   You need the help of John Neal!!!

My suggestion would be to go through Lugnet’s train group and look for post by him. At the start of the decade, the train’s group was simmering with activity and John N. was (and still is!) a strong proponent for 8 wide (and larger!) trains back then.

He’s posted some stuff here recently, maybe he’ll catch you post.

YO, ADRIAN!

(sorry, couldn’t resist-- I’m living in the metro Philly area now!)

Thanks for the plug! Funny thing is that Larry was asking about steam 8 wides, and I never really got into building those-- that was Ross’ expertise!

But I do love the 8 wides, although now I’m moving on up to 14 wide....

Good to hear from you-- are you planning any bridge studies this winter?

JOHN

Well, I do recall you mentioning Ross’ creations but that was waaaaaay back then. You were still the author of the post.

Right now I’m working on a train bridge that will incorporate the smooth curve rail technique mentioned in RAILBRICKS issue 1 article concept photo . It’s about 80% complete- I’m in the “detailing stage” right now.

Adrian