 Trains / 3104
Re: Looking for track
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 03:39:38 GMT

Welcome to the world of LEGO trains, Jack{:^D

As far as acquiring track, I think you'll find that it's best to just suck it
up and order from S@H.  Auctions including track aren't very common, and even
then it is folk who are looking to unload curves.  Buying sets to acquire track
doesn't work very well either because the number of straight track in any given
set doesn't nearly justify the expense.  One box of straights gives you about
40", which at $13.25 (and going up, buy now) comes out to be about $4/ft.  Not
cheap, but in the long run it's better than chasing down deals that take time
and don't really save you that much.  Just my .02.

Actually, I'd wait for Lar to post.  He'll set you straight, except when he
starts blathering about the inferiority of building trains 8 studs wide-- at
that point it becomes the rants of a jealous lunatic.  Freud might have called
it "Engine Envy";-)  Please don't mention to him that I said these things,
though;-)

BTW, If I were you I'd go to Toysmart.com and pick up a 4561 for $72.xx
shipped.  That is a great deal.  Again, welcome!

-John

J G Gregory wrote:

I have just taken the plunge this year to get a train, and now have the
problem of acquiring enough track.  Is there a good way to get track?  Short
of calling S@H that is.  Are there regular auctions that include track?  Is
there a way to get track and stuff (a set) and then sell the stuff to make
it worth it?  Any ideas appreciated.

--Jack Gregory