 Trains / 3101
  Re: Wild West Trains posted!

(...) Well, actually, I'd tend to disagree. By the onset of the civil war, many locomotives had switched to the 4-4-0 wheel arrangement and had much longer boilers. Since the leading truck supported the smokebox, most of the boiler would be out from (...) (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wild West Trains posted!

(...) Actually all of the above are completely doable. When I built my locomotives I actually built a prototype with three articulated sets of drive wheels (in pairs, but bigger combinations are possible). I plan on building larger, "over the road" (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Wild West Trains posted!

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message <3852BA1D.EEECFB3C@v...er.net>... (...) I remember always drooling over the big boy every time I picked up an AHM catalog. I've never broke down and bought one though, primarily because I've never been into big iron (...) (25 years ago, 12-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)