 Trains / 30946
Re: 6 Stud Tankers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2009 02:26:12 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Steven Barile wrote:
I wanted to announce that there are now 6 wide cylinders!!!!  So we can make
6 wide tankers and boilers! It appears that they are split in fourths like
the 8 stud cylinders. And either 5 or 6 bricks tall.

Have you seen these in person, or do you have copies in hand?  Judging from the
photo Tony linked to, I'm not entirely convinced that they're 6-wide, but the
stud notches at the base of this part clearly don't match those of the 4x4 or
8x8 cylinder panels, so it's definitely a new part.  It's possible that it could
be either 5-wide or 7-wide, though, which could explain why the stud notches are
right up to the corners like that.

Unfortunately these elements are in purple as the body of Zurg the purple
bad guy in Toy Stories.

I wouldn't say unfortunately.  Means they've at least temporarily rescinded
their annoying rule about not ever producing more sets that are almost entirely
dark-purple in design.  Maybe it also means they've managed to figure out their
stuff in terms of getting consistent shading in the darker end of the color
pallet.  Does anyone know if the dark-red in the new firehouse is inconsistently
shaded, or did they get that one nailed down now?