 Trains / 3086
    Re: directional lighting —Mike Poindexter
   (...) There are two kinds of Lego lights. #1 - While powered up, they shine constantly, with brightness in direct proportion to how much juice they are getting, i.e. a faster setting = more light. This is independant of the polarity, meaning that (...) (25 years ago, 10-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: directional lighting —Russell Clark
   (...) OK, then if the train is going forward, and the rear lights are on, is there a way to change the color of the rear lights to red using the standard LEGO train light as mentioned above? Russell (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: directional lighting —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Using standard Lego Components? Not electronically, but I bet it could be done mechanically. Have some sort of mechanical gizmo that moves a trans red 1x2 in front of a light channel. I ain't an ME so I just told you everything I know. (25 years ago, 11-Dec-99, to lugnet.trains)