 Trains / 30592
  Train Layout Modules

After some intensive building over the last 2 weeks I have completed 20 modules of a new 8mm scale British railway layout to a reasonable standard. The layout features track slopes of up to 1 in 30, varying by 0.5 plate/12 stud length. All the (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Train Layout Modules

Did you electrify the cross-over, or are you use two motors either end connected? (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Modules - IR Train Wheel Grip?

(...) For the time being I'll be running 9V trains on the main lines, which will also be OK in the yard road nearest the main lines. That road also functions as an exchange siding, where I'll swap from a main line engine to a shunter. For the time (...) (16 years ago, 1-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Modules - IR Train Wheel Grip?

(...) There's no easy way to get tyres off to transfer them. Best bet is to jab a scalpel blade into the IR wheels to get their tyres off, then slip on a LEGO white rubber band instead. It improves the grip up to what you'd expect from a 9V motor (...) (16 years ago, 6-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Layout Modules

Pneumatic points, nice one Mark, well played. (16 years ago, 7-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Train Layout Modules - IR Train Wheel Grip?

(...) Hi Jason, I bought me some commercial black O-rings that are used as sealing. If i remember me right, i think that the size of the O-ring for the RC train wheels is something around : inner diameter = 14mm (d1) thikness of ring = 1,5mm (d2) (...) (16 years ago, 11-Dec-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)