 Trains / 30568
  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

All- I have to assume this post is meant as a tongue and cheek joke (though I don't see that much humor). Ignoring that the rails are not 9V, there's the basic issue that the set is 50-50 straights and curves. That's a horrible ratio to force/foist (...) (16 years ago, 10-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

Hi Ted, (...) That's an AFOLT point of view. We enjoy long straight track, imitating real word railtrack. Now, focus just one moment on kids point of view. They enjoy to alternate right curves with left ones, making their train snaking their way, (...) (16 years ago, 10-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) --snip-- (...) I found it hilarious enough to ask Richie to copy it to .trains but I guess if you don't appreciate satire it's not going to be for you. Perhaps a unicorn chaser of some minifigs doing something wacky would bring back the (...) (16 years ago, 10-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) To underscore that point, in a recent NELUG draft this summer, we had maybe 400 lots for our participants, about 17 of which were lots of curved track (unopened boxes or groups of 8 rails). Also in the draft were such undesireables as foam (...) (16 years ago, 12-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review

(...) The review might have been a little too dead pan if the folks at Lego lurking these dark halls take it seriously. I suspect it was purely SKU's, since most children getting the set would already have a small oval in hand, a ton of curves (...) (16 years ago, 15-Nov-08, to lugnet.trains)