 Trains / 30568
Re: 7896 "Straight and Curved Rails" Set Review
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 16:39:25 GMT

All-

I have to assume this post is meant as a tongue and cheek joke (though I don’t see that much humor). Ignoring that the rails are not 9V, there’s the basic issue that the set is 50-50 straights and curves. That’s a horrible ratio to force/foist on buyers. Once a buyer has a few complete circles (or even many, say 10 to 20), they never again need curve track. But they always need straight track. There’s a reason that the 9V straight rails sold out immediately when LEGO closed them out on S@H and that now, months later, that they still have 9V curves at clearance prices.

-Ted