 Trains / 30466
Re: Chemical Tanker Cars - Rolling Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 25 Sep 2008 23:04:35 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
   In lugnet.announce.moc, Dave Sterling wrote:
   Hello again everyone! I finally got around to taking pictures of a lot of the MOC’s I built this spring and summer for the two shows we did this year. This MOC is a few tanker cars I built based off of a design by James Mathis.

I respect James Mathis for his great construction method finds and MOC ideas, but I believe that the original credit for this type of tanker design should go to Steve Barile, who together with Dwayne Towell is the co-owner of custom set foundary BricWorx. The publication of Steve’s design goes back as far as May 2001.

See: http://www.bricworx.com/p1001.php

Note how eerie the parallel evolution is between your own designs and the one by Steve Barile. There are only a few minor differences.

I’ve purcased the freight train of Steve’s design as a custom set: http://www.bricworx.com/p501.php

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Wow. That’s wild! I’ve never even seen the Bricworx site. That’s pretty crazy how close mine came to Steve’s. Mine was actually based off of a picture on James’ Brickshelf page. You can see it here. Crazy how we builders sometimes think alike. :-) Great minds or sheer coincidence? You decide! :-)

Thanks for the link to Bricworx. I’ll have to check that site out some more.

All the best, Dave

ToT-LUG