 Trains / 30463
Re: Chemical Tanker Cars - Rolling Stock
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 24 Sep 2008 16:28:21 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Dave Sterling wrote:
   Hello again everyone! I finally got around to taking pictures of a lot of the MOC’s I built this spring and summer for the two shows we did this year. This MOC is a few tanker cars I built based off of a design by James Mathis. The design is relatively simple. The biggest problem is finding the facet bricks in the necessary colors and quantities to build these. I’m currently working on a couple of alternate tanker designs as well.

More pictures and information are available at...

MOCPages Page

Brickshelf Gallery

Any critiques or comments are appreciated.

-Dave

ToT-LUG

Hi Dave, Pretty good! Some of the better looking tankers I’ve seen. I’ve always wanted to build tankers myself, and even tried a couple times, but I have always been frustrated by the fact that LEGO never produced cylindrical parts with the correct diameter to make them realistic looking. The “My Own Train” tankers always annoy me, because they are so big and fat, when you put one in the middle of a realistic looking train, it makes the train look like a baby’s toy rather than a big kid’s toy. :) I think your solution is probably as good as I’ve seen though. Good work. Mark