 Trains / 30104
  using BBB med wheels

Hi All, I'm just starting an 0-10-0 steamer using BBB med size wheels. I was wondering if anyone has some examples of BBB med wheels in use. I noticed Cale had an 0-6-0 steam switcher, Cale are those regular stud increments? Looks like yes. I first (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) I have, a ten wheeler, but it uses a very similar setup to Cale's and uses standard stud increments, so I doubt it'll be of much help to you. (URL) could always connect the first, third, and fifth wheels together using a rod (all blind, I (...) (17 years ago, 10-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) Or even connect them to 2 & 4, possibly eliminating the need for any gearing. ROSCO (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) Yes The drivers on my (URL) 0-6-0> are regular stud increments. (...) I had some spare wheels lying around so I did some experimenting. Anthony's suggestion is pretty much what I (URL) came> up with as well. (3 URLs) The rods I came up with (...) (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: using BBB med wheels

(...) As well as the few standard gauge ones there were quite a lot of narrow gauge 0-10-0s, often with fancy articulation. Any care to try (URL) articulation? That would get round the 'blind or flanged?' problem! ;-) Tim (17 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)