 Trains / 30041
  LDCC control from PC

Hello people, I got a bit tired of compiling and uploading programs to a second RCX every time I need to make a small change (ok, adding the possibility to do adjustments with the remote control helps a bit), so I decided to make a win-program that (...) (16 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) Cool! Keep posting on your progress. Benn (16 years ago, 21-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) Current status: - seems to be working fine with the second RCX sending sensor changes (using LNP with an user defined address), still testing it though. New features: - delayed stop - waits for all loops to get back to the initial state before (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

How about posting some pictures (or even better a video) of your layout in operation under the control of your program. Your idea looks very interesting. (16 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) Unfortunately, the layout on the picture is just a recreation of a layout from an old exhibition, so I don't have it any more (I wish I had enough space for it, heh). But I will try to put something together and make a video showing it in (...) (16 years ago, 23-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) Here is a video of the test setup, consisting of a shunter with onboard uncoupling system, an underground, and the barriers... a total of 4 DCC decoders. I tried to film the layout together with the screen - sorry about the crappy quality, but (...) (16 years ago, 24-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

Thanks for posting the video, it is pretty impressive. Are you using two RCXs in this layout, one controlling the trains with LDCC and the other for sensors? What type of sensors are you using? How about adding some photos showing the hardware (...) (16 years ago, 25-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) It is really nothing spectacular. Yes, there are 2 RCXs (one running LDCC and the other one having sensors and sending readings to the PC). The sensors are connected to the RCX through Mindsensors-multiplexers, they are plain reed switches, as (...) (16 years ago, 26-Feb-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

Matija, any updates on your train automation program? Keep us updated. Thanks. Brian (...) (16 years ago, 26-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) Hi Brian, no news for now. Lately I have been trying to make the program work on another computer other than mine and a friend's one, but it keeps failing miserably :( It uses a precompiled DLL for USB-communication which for some strange (...) (16 years ago, 26-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

(...) If you post it somewhere (compiled) I'd be happy to take a look and try and track it down for you. I don't however have the usb device so hopefully it crashes before it gets that far? (16 years ago, 27-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: LDCC control from PC

Hi Matija, I'm working on a very similar project! Here are the project goals: A design surface to create a model of the layout Wire up components and controls (engines, lights, level crossings, accessories) Interfaces with the Control Lab, RCX, and (...) (16 years ago, 27-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains)

  NXT+LDCC control from PC

(...) Just today I wired a motor and re-programmed the RCX for LDCC, is there any progress on the NXT? I'm sure it has quitse some advantages and since I mainly have educational versions conntecting to the 9V track is easy. I have problems (...) (16 years ago, 16-Jun-08, to lugnet.trains)