 Trains / 29399
    Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane —Brian Pilati
   (...) and improvement. Please tell me about the magnet. I assume it is a custom electric magnet that can be turned off and on by supplying power from the RCX? I have a project that I would like to turn on and off a magnet, so any help would be (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane —Peter Edwards
   (...) You got it in one Brian. My uncle built the first few versions and just before he handed it back to me, he built the electric grabber. The electro magnet is built from a 12 volt relay. When you break all the plastic away from the relay, the (...) (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane —Brian Pilati
   (...) Right on! I love the idea! I need to share a sequence with you from our train lay-out. Still working on getting the video uploaded. Can you supply a picture? of the coil, etc? Brian (17 years ago, 15-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane —Peter Edwards
   (...) Sure Brian, but your email address above just bounced. Send me an email and I'll reply to that. (17 years ago, 16-Aug-07, to lugnet.trains)