 Trains / 29403
Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:23:40 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Brian Pilati wrote:
Please tell me about the magnet. I assume it is a custom electric magnet that
can be turned off and on by supplying power from the RCX?

You got it in one Brian. My uncle built the first few versions and just before
he handed it back to me, he built the electric grabber.

The electro magnet is built from a 12 volt relay. When you break all the plastic
away from the relay, the coil used in the solenoid when powered, works as a
magnet. I also wired up two flashing led's but everything else is non-modified
Lego.