 Trains / 29399
Re: Version 5 Mindstorm Gantry Crane
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 15 Aug 2007 17:17:46 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Peter Edwards wrote:
Some pictures of the latest build of my gantry crane are on the Bodville
website. It has had quite an upgrade, new gearbox, grabber and technic chain
drive
http://members.iinet.net.au/~mephisto03/public_html/BodVille/default.html

There is also a movie of it in action.
High Quality (8 meg)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/pe668/Movies/cranev5_8meg.wmv

or Low Quality
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSAy2eYRXdU

Peter,

What a neat crane.  I looked over the versions 1 through 5.  Each is definitely
and improvement.

Please tell me about the magnet. I assume it is a custom electric magnet that
can be turned off and on by supplying power from the RCX?

I have a project that I would like to turn on and off a magnet, so any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brian