 Trains / 29221
Subject:
Post your bogie/truck designs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 17 Jun 2007 15:00:39 GMT

Hi all,

I’ve noticed a few queries lately on various bogie/truck designs and decided to make this thread to keep track of what people have done. Just post pictures of any bogie or truck designs you have that you think other people may be interested in. To get things started here’s one I’ve used (and Matt H has modified):

MPD

These should be suitable for US stock in the rather compressed ‘scale’ favoured by a lot of 6-widers.

Please do post more 1

Tim

1 I’m looking at John Neal and Cale Leiphart in particular since I know you have yours already available ;)

Re: Post your bogie/truck designs
I've noticed a few queries lately on various bogie/truck designs and decided to
make this thread to keep track of what people have done. Just post pictures of
any bogie or truck designs you have that you think other people may be
interested in.

These were for a BR class 47/57, but should work for any bogeys with 3
wheelsets:
http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/gallery.php/LEGO/MOCs/Class%2057/dscf0002.jpg?page=1

The bottom of the two is the one I decided to use on my Class 47 seen in:
http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/gallery.php/LEGO/GWLTS%204/DSCF0098.JPG?page=1
http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/gallery.php/LEGO/MOCs/Class%2057/dscf0005.jpg?page=1

--
Dean Earley, Dee (dean@earlsoft.co.uk)

irc:    irc://irc.blitzed.org/
web:    http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk
phone:  +44 (0)780 8369596

Re: Post your bogie/truck designs
I’ve noticed a few queries lately on various bogie/truck designs and decided to make this thread to keep track of what people have done. Just post pictures of any bogie or truck designs you have that you think other people may be interested in. To get things started here’s one I’ve used (and Matt H has modified):

MPD

These should be suitable for US stock in the rather compressed ‘scale’ favoured by a lot of 6-widers.

Please do post more 1

Tim

1 I’m looking at John Neal and Cale Leiphart in particular since I know you have yours already available ;)

Here are mine, Tim. They were inspired by your design.

Re: Post your bogie/truck designs
I've noticed a few queries lately on various bogie/truck designs and
decided to
make this thread to keep track of what people have done. Just post
pictures of
any bogie or truck designs you have that you think other people may be
interested in.

These were for a BR class 47/57, but should work for any bogeys with 3
wheelsets:
http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/gallery.php/LEGO/MOCs/Class%2057/dscf0002.jpg?page=1

The bottom of the two is the one I decided to use on my Class 47 seen in:
http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/gallery.php/LEGO/GWLTS%204/DSCF0098.JPG?page=1

http://personal.earlsoft.co.uk/gallery.php/LEGO/MOCs/Class%2057/dscf0005.jpg?page=1

I also have a set of very low profile bogies using the same technique as
yours which I'll post when I get home.