 Trains / 30577
30576  |  30578
Subject:
Technic based bogie experiment
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 15 Nov 2008 06:23:34 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Hi all,

When looking at some of Swoofty’s excellent bogie designs I realised that studless technic could be a great way to create smaller and more ‘realistic’ bogies than regular system bricks. This is my first attempt and, while I’ve never claimed to be a good bogie designer, I think it demonstrates the potential of such a system.

I also discovered, as a very useful side effect, that the 3L technic pin with friction provides a great inner radius for the train axle. It fits just loosely enough to roll (except for the one I used in the middle which was oddly stiff) but not so loosely as to shake and wobble in there.

Anyway, I’d really love to see what other, better people could come up with using a similar system.

Tim